|Other Abstract||In this thesis, the two topics were studied: the first, to measure the content of alkylphenol in water and aquatic organisms from the urban lakes, to study the accumulation of alkylphenol in wetland matrix, plants and the efficiency of artificial wetland of removing alkylphenol from polluted water.
1.The results of the distribution patterns of alkylphenol in Yuehu Lake and Lotus showed alkylphenols were detected in collected samples. The results indicate that the pollution of alkylphenols was controlled efficiently because of ecological restoration.
There were positive correlations of alkylphenols in lake water and suspended matter respectively.
2.The results of distribution pattern and dynamics of nonylphenol in submerged plants of Yuehu Lake showed that Myriophyllum verticillatum had the highest capacity for accumulation, followed by Elodea nuttallii, Ceratophyllum oryzetorum and Potamageton crispus. For octylphenol, the highest amount of accumulation was observed in Elodea nuttallii, followed by Myriophyllum verticillatum, Potamageton crispus, and Ceratophyllum oryzetorum. The temporal pattern of alkylphenols was also investigated in submerged plants from March to May, and the highest accumulation period was in June.
3. The residue of alkylphenols in the benthos Bellamya aeruginosa in Yuehu Lake were investigated. With increasing temperature, the contents of nonylphenol in hepatopancreas, gut, gonad, juvenile, and foot increased gradually from March to May. The maximal concentration of alkylphenols was found in snail hepatopancreas.
4. The residues of alkylphenols in fish from Yuehu Lake showed that alkylphenol could be assayed in fish tissues, such as liver, gallbladder, gonad and dorsal muscle. The content of alkylphenols in tissues except dorsal muscle in crucian carpwas higher than those in common carp. The contents of nonylphenol and octylphenol in gallbladder were higher than other tissues e.g. liver, gonad, and dorsal muscle in both crucian carp and common carp.
5. By investigating the capability of decontamination of different artificial wetland, the results showed proper combined wetland had higher efficiency of decontaminate alkylphenol. Comparison with traditional decontaminating techniques in wastewater treatment, the results of this paper demonstrated that the artificial wetlands could more efficiently deprive alkylphenol from water under proper hydrological load conditions.
6. By plotting scale of integrated vertical-flow constructed wetland, the decontaminating efficiency under 200 mm/d was higher decontaminating efficiency than those under either 400 mm/d or 600 mm/d.
7. By investigating the accumulation of alkylphenol in wetland matrix and plants in plot scale integrated vertical flow constructed wetland, alkylphenol was found mainly accumulated in the middle and underlayment of the substrate. In the same layer, accumulation of alkylphenol in substrate of down-flow wetland was higher than those in up-flow wetland. The content of alkylphenol in stems, roots and leaves of Canna indica in down-flow wetland was higher those in up-flow wetland. In the plot scale integrated vertical flow constructed wetland, the roots of plants were the major organ for accumulation of alkylphenols, followed by stems and leaves.|